Ultimate Manga Pen Set
This special set features the same traditional art pens that are found in the tool kits of professional manga artists throughout Japan. Included in this set are all the pens you need to draw like a pro!
- One Tachikawa free-size nib holder: Designed to hold all five varieties of pen nibs included in the set, this pen is made of wood and is slightly heavier than the Nikko free-size pen holder described below. It has a natural woodgrain finish and measures 5 inches long. A GREAT ALL-AROUND PEN!
- One Tachikawa round-nib holder: This wooden pen has a slightly narrower body and only holds round-pen nibs. Designed for artists who prefer a different feel between their round-pen holders and their spoon, G and school pen holders. Measures 5 inches long. ALL-NEW DESIGN!
- Three G-pen nibs: G-pen nibs are among the most popular of all because of their wide applications. They are ideal for drawing soft and flexible lines. These nibs fit the Tachikawa and Nikko free-size nib holders.
- Three school-pen nibs: School nibs produce hard, sharp lines and are essential for drawing details and extra-fine work. These nibs fit the Tachikawa and Nikko free-size nib holders.
- Three spoon-pen nibs: Spoon nibs, so-called because of their resemblance to the eating utensil, yield smooth, fluent and somewhat soft lines. These nibs fit the Tachikawa and Nikko free-size nib holders.
- Three caption-pen nibs: If you want your manga dialogue lettering to look as beautiful as the drawings themselves, you'll need to use caption nibs. These are designed specifically for drawing Japanese kanji characters, but also work well when writing in English. These nibs fit the Tachikawa and Nikko free-size nib holders
Two round-pen nibs: Like G-pen nibs, round nibs are a favorite among serious manga artists. Tha's because while they feel "hard" when drawing, they are capable of producing both thick and thin lines with distinction. These nibs fit the Tachikawa and Nikko round-nib holders.
Important: The pen nibs included in the Manga University Ultimate Manga pen set are traditional calligraphy-style pens and need to be dipped in ink before using. We recommend standard ink for drawing or calligraphy, which can be purchased at any art-supply or stationery store.