MU Pro Pen Set
Once again, Manga University brings together the best Japanese manga art tools into a specially priced bundle! The MU Pro Pen Set features the popular Tachikawa "jumbo" free-size pen holder and a generous supply of precision Tachikawa drawing nibs. An ideal choice of professional and novice manga artists alike, this bundle includes:
- One Tachikawa "jumbo" free-size pen holder with comfortable silicon grip: Designed to hold all five varieties of pen nibs included in the set, this pen is made of wood and is the most comfortable pen holder we've had the pleasure of using. A special plastic cap keeps the inserted nib protected from damage when the pen is not in use.
- Three G-pen nibs: G-pen nibs are among the most popular of all because of their wide applications. They are ideal for drawing soft and flexible lines.
- Three school-pen nibs: School nibs produce hard, sharp lines and are essential for drawing details and extra-fine work.
- Three spoon-pen nibs: Spoon nibs, so-called because of their resemblance to the eating utensil, yield smooth, fluent and somewhat soft lines.
- Three caption-pen nibs: If you want your manga dialogue lettering to look as beautiful as the drawings themselves, you'll need to use caption nibs. These are designed specifically for drawing Japanese kanji characters, but also work well when writing in English.
- Two round-pen nibs: Like G-pen nibs, round nibs are a favorite among serious manga artists. That's because while they feel "hard" when drawing, they are capable of producing both thick and thin lines with distinction.
Important: The nibs included in the MU Pro Pen Set are traditional calligraphy-style pens and need to be dipped in ink before using. While you can find "manga ink" at some art supply stores, standard ink for drawing or calligraphy will also work just fine and can be purchased at any art supply or stationery store.
We Also Recommend